How long is a piece of string? As a rough guide, I would expect to copyedit/proofread between 1,500 and 2,500 words per hour, but the exact time depends on many different factors, including:
- The quality of the text submitted
- The length of the text submitted
- The format it is received in (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, pdf)
- The format you would like it returned in (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, pdf)
- How much intervention you would like me to take (corrections directly into an MS Word document or just highlights/comments)
- Whether you have provided a Style Guide for me to follow
- Whether you would like me to provide a Style Sheet
- How many editorial decisions I have to make for consistency and accuracy (spellings, hyphenation, abbreviations, phrasing, etc)
- How much research or checking of facts is required (consistency of ages, places, names, etc)
- How long it takes you to respond to any queries I may send you.
I will always keep you updated as work goes along. If preferred, and agreed in advance, I can come back to you for a review after a certain amount of hours or pages have been worked.
Ready to find out more?
Drop me a line today to arrange a free discovery chat!